Summary: Edit shares her insights on how to create a nutritious breakfast that sets you straight up for success during your busy work week.
Eat Breakfast Like a King!
Not quite sure what the kings had for breakfast and I am pretty certain I wouldn’t want to eat the same. However, I know it makes a huge difference what we eat for breakfast. Most of us have busy lives with various work and life commitments, deadlines, pressure and most of all, lack of time. I find myself much more energized, and without cravings when I have a proper breakfast. What exactly a proper breakfast is?
First of all, let me tell you what isn’t!
- White bread. Delicious, golden brown and crispy on the outside and soft and tasty on the inside. I have a love-hate relationship with it because I do enjoy eating bread but after I have done so, in about an hour I run out of energy. The nutritional content of bread is very low compared to a healthy power breakfast with oats, fruits, nuts and other kinds of fun stuff.
- Shop bought granola, cereals and power bars. Why? Because more often than not these contain a lot of sugar. Or if it is the kind with reduced sugar than you will likely to consume some synthetic modifiers instead.
- Eating nothing. I mean skipping breakfast bites back and there is a good chance that you will try to catch up on your daily food requirements exactly at 9pm, in front of the TV. Craving pizza, chips and chocolate with beer. In this order.
To keep up a healthy lifestyle it is good to start with a healthy breakfast. Eating well allows you to go through your day without carvings, without feeling hungry or wanting to sleep under your desk around 2pm. Here is a great, unconventional Matcha Infused Breakfast recipe to give you energy, vitality and boosts your mood through the morning.
- 1/2 tsp Matcha Powder
- 300ml Coconut or almond milk
- 1 Banana
- Good pinch of Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chia seed (2 tbsp per cup)
- 1/4 cup of hemp seed
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats or even gluten free oats
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup (Optional, normally the banana gives enough sweetness)
- Optional: 1 scoop of protein of your choice
- Combine coconut milk, banana, cinnamon, and protein in a blender and mix it until it is smooth.
- Add the Matcha Powder, maple syrup and hemp seed and blend again. You can play around with the amount of Matcha; if you are a beginner to the World of Green Tea Powder start with 1/4 teaspoon. If you know its effect and flavor, go bold and add more. You can read more about Matcha and the amazing benefits here: 5 Reasons to add Matcha to your Daily Diet
- Prepare two bowls and add 2 tablespoon of chia seed into each bowl.
- Add about 3-4 tablespoon of the oats. Divide the blended matcha mix into the bowls, mix them well and let it sit overnight in fridge.
- It is ready to eat in the morning, you can add berries, almond flakes, or raisins to decorate.